Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9 – 10 (NIV)
Following Government guidelines, we have suspended all our church activities until further notice. Please be assured that our doors will open again as soon as possible.
In place of our services, there will be a live stream on a Sunday morning only. This will commence at 10:45 and to find it, go to YouTube and type “Brunswick Baptist Church” in the search box. Please note that if you have a monthly limit on your broadband usage, live streaming can use up a large portion of this limit.
In the middle of March, we were faced with the reality that that our world, our country and the church would never be the same again. We feel sure that everyone is deeply concerned and many are afraid particularly due to the fact that we have no idea what the outcome of this pandemic will be. It is in moments like this that all we can do is to call on the name of the Lord.
We encourage everyone to pray wherever they are at 7pm every night. Please join us each evening when there will be a short (5 -10 minutes) video to encourage you. You will find these videos on our YouTube channel.
Let petitions and praises shape our worries into prayers, letting God know our concerns. Philippians 4:6 – 7 (The Message)
Topics might include:
- for our church leaders to make wise decisions in dealing with the present crisis;
- for all those who come to our church, particularly the vunerable who are self isolating for 12 weeks;
- for our Government and its decision making during this time;
- for the medical professionals;
- for our teachers and nursery workers as they face the challenge of looking after specific groups of younger people;
- for our young people, particularly for the older ones who face the uncertainty of not knowing what will happen without the necessary grades at GCSE and A level;
- for supplies of everyday necessities to be maintained;
- and for anything else the Lord lays on your heart.
In case of an emergency, you can contact our pastor, Revd Colin Pavitt. Our Contact page gives details of how you can do this.
Finally, our Almighty God is sovereign. If we seek our Lord with all our hearts, we have nothing to fear and He will give us peace.
May God’s blessing and protection be over us all.
Did you miss the church this Sunday? Don’t worry. You can always visit our podcast of 2020 sermons. Those for previous years are also available, just select the year that you are interested in from the menu above.